Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sibling Series: a sweet snap shot of life with two.

I'm dedicating this post to my friend Sarah, who I have known and loved since I was 11. 
Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!

We were playing at a friends house this morning and all four kids were peacefully coexisting in the same room  while I sat on the couch and watched. It was a good play-date! Desmond and a three year old boy were playing together. They were kicking each other, and they were truly having fun, boys. :) Bree was checking out the action and, being a somewhat rational and sane three year old, thought Desmond was getting beat up on. So she goes, "Hey, please don't kick my little brother."

And my brain went WAIT, hold the phones! Did she just protect her brother. Her "little" bother. I've never heard her call him that before. I've never heard her be protective of him before. To say the very least, I loved it. A small voice inside me was quieted. A fearful voice that says, from time to time, when they are not feeling the love, "will they like each other? will they love each other?" Today I think I got my answer.

It was definitely a very good sibling week. :)



                                             
                                              Morning snack on the couch. Aubrey is debuting her newest funny face.

No comments: