Friday, August 8, 2008

Then there were two . . .

We are without the baby for two whole days. I meet up with my Mom yesterday half way between our two houses and we swapped. I gave her our only off spring in return for some pots. I'm starting to wonder is the trade was all the fair.

So besides doing some planting in my new pots I have a whole lot of free time on my hands. And let me tell you, it feels good. At first I had no idea what to do with my self. Everything I used to do seems frivolous and silly and well it all is compared to raising another human being! I'm going to need to let that comparison go or else I'll not do a single thing this weekend.

We did come up with a few things that sound pretty good though

Sleep in (the husband is doing that right now)
Got to the Beach
Play a game of Tennis
Pet the Cat (who is sorely under loved since the baby came along)
Eat Out (a very yummy idea)

I miss her like crazy but I know how good it is for us to get these days to renew our strength. Having kids changes your life forever no doubt about it. So I am taking this weekend to turn back the clock. Travel back in time to the summer before we were married. When we were young and had no real responsibilities. We are going to rock this weekend like it is 2006!

And take some good naps in between . . . :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! xoxoxox

skylana said...

um how freaking cute that you play tennis... unless... wait.. you do mean real tennis right? not like on a wii or something.. you never know these days.